Welcome to the City of Hudson Oaks transparency portal. Here, you'll find information about the City's finances as well as how to connect with staff and elected officials. If you have any questions, or would like to see more information on this page, please contact us at 682-229-2400.
The Hudson Oaks Financial Transparency Site is now available, and contains a wide variety of financial data.
The Hudson Oaks Pension Transparency Site is now available, and contains a wide variety of information regarding the City's pension plan.
The Hudson Oaks Debt Transparency Site is now available, and contains all the debt obligations for the City as well as what the money was used for.
Below you can find links to reports located in the City's OpenGov transparency site. You can also find a lot of other good information there as well. Please take some time to look around!
- Revenues per Capita
- Expenditures per Capita
- Sales Tax per Capita
- Historical Property Tax Rates (this chart looks odd because the City does not have a property tax, but it is a requirement for the Transparency Stars program)
- Historical Authorized Positions
- Debt Service Totals & Purpose
- Investment Balances
Annual Operating Budgets
The budget is a financial plan for the fiscal year of operations that matches all planned revenues and expenditures with the services provided to the residents of the City, based on established budgetary policies. The City is committed to setting community goals, performance measures, and priorities to convert taxpayer requests and resources into government services and expenditures that support the needs and desires of its citizens.
- FY19 Approved Budget (PDF)
- FY18 Approved Budget (PDF)
- FY17 Approved Budget (PDF)
- FY16 Approved Budget (PDF)
- FY15 Approved Budget (PDF)
- FY14 Approved Budget (PDF)
- Click here to download the raw, line item expense budget for FY17
- Click here to download the raw, line item revenue budget for FY17
Annual Financial Reports
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report is published to provide the City Council, citizens, bondholders, City staff, and other interested parties with audited detailed information concerning the financial condition and activities of the City government. The report contains a balance sheet, a statement of changes in net position, a statement of revenues and expenditures, and a comparison of budgeted to actual expenditures and revenue. The report also contains statistical data and other information of interest.
- FY18 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
- FY17 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
- FY16 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
- FY15 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
- FY14 Certified Annual Financial Report (PDF)
The following link displays all payments incurred since FY12, including payments via ACH, bank draft or wire transfer. Totals are shown in the charts provided on the page and are automatically updated based on the currently defined filters.
Hotel Occupancy Tax Reporting
The City of Hudson Oaks Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Program uses hotel receipts to actively promote Hudson Oaks as a tourist destination. Eligibility for the program includes:
- Promotion of tourism and the hotel and convention industry
- Being based in the Hudson Oaks
- Being a government entity or non-profit Texas corporation or federally tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code
- Demonstrating corporate good standings with the state of Texas
- Proving continuous and stable programming
- Having an active governing body
- Non-discriminatory practices
- And if previously funded, successfully fulfilled all prior contractual obligations
Hotel Occupancy Collections
The City of Hudson Oaks imposes a 7% hotel occupancy tax per Chapter 10 Finance and Taxation of its municipal code. This occupancy tax is calculated against the cost of a room in a hotel only if the room is ordinarily used for sleeping and does not include the cost of any food served or personal services rendered to the occupant. Reporting and payment of the 7% occupancy tax are made by the hotelier directly to the City of Hudson Oaks.
New lodging properties must contact the city's Finance Department before collecting and paying the imposed 7% occupancy tax.
The City had $0 of collections during fiscal years' 2016, 2017 and 2018.