If you believe the criteria for granting a zoning variance are met, you may apply for a variance using the form available on this page.
Applicants must provide the following information:
- A description of the requested variance and explanation of why it should be granted, including any benefits to the public.
- A brief description of the alternatives considered and why the requested variance is preferred.
- A description of the economic benefits, if any, of the variance, and the adverse economic consequences if the variance is not granted.
- A description of how the variance is consistent with the goals and purposes of the Zoning Ordinance.
- A visual depiction of the requested variance
Once the application is filed, the Building Official must determine whether the application is complete. An incomplete application must be returned to the applicant within 14 days. Once complete, the Building Official places the request on the first available ZBA agenda. The decision of the ZBA is final.