If you're building a structure on your property, there's a good chance you'll need to apply for a permit first. This is also the case if you need to do any mechanical, plumbing, and/or electrical work. The lists below are not comprehensive, so if you have any questions please call us at 682-229-2400.
Residential projects needing a permit
- Building a new house
- Adding an accessory building
- Remodeling or adding to an existing house
- Building a pool
- Installing an irrigation system
- Electrical or mechanical work
- Plumbing work
- Installing a fence
- Building a hangar
- Drilling a well
- Septic installation and changes
Driveway additions/repairs/replacements may also require a permit.
Commercial projects needing a permit
- Building a new structure
- Adding or changing any mechanical, electrical, or plumbing
- Remodeling a current structure
- Signs (wall, pole, monument, and/or temporary)
If you have questions about whether your project needs a permit, please call 682-229-2400 before you start any work.