This article is part of one or more series: For Business For Residents

If you're building a structure on your property, there's a good chance you'll need to apply for a permit first. This is also the case if you need to do any mechanical, plumbing, and/or electrical work. The lists below are not comprehensive, so if you have any questions please send your question to

Residential projects needing a permit

  • Building a new house
  • Adding an accessory building
  • Remodeling or adding to an existing house
  • Installing an irrigation system
  • Electrical, plumbing or mechanical (air conditioning) work
  • Installing a fence
  • Building a hangar
  • Drilling a well
  • Septic installation and changes
  • Swimming Pool
  • Driveway additions / repairs / replacements

Commercial projects needing a permit

  • Building a new structure
  • Adding or changing any mechanical, electrical, or plumbing
  • Remodeling a current structure
  • Signs (wall, pole, monument, and/or temporary)

If you have questions about whether your project needs a permit, please call 682-229-2461 before you start any work.

Topics Discussed

Related Departments

Reach out

Here in the city of Hudson Oaks, we pride ourselves in our community. Whether you're looking to join our community or you've been here for years, use the form below to let us know if there is anything we can do to make our city better.