The Specific Use Permit process is required when certain land uses are allowed, but not permitted by-right.

Our Code of Ordinances includes a full Permitted Land Use Table

Examples of land uses requiring Specific Use Permits include:

  • A garage apartment in a single-family zoning district
  • An assisted living facility in a commercial zoning district
  • A veterinarian office in a restricted commercial zoning district
  • A drive-in/drive-thru restaurant
SUP Process

If you need a Specific Use Permit, you must fill out the SUP application. Specific Use Permits require hearings with the Planning & Zoning Commission, with final approval considered by the City Council.

Reach out

Here in the city of Hudson Oaks, we pride ourselves in our community. Whether you're looking to join our community or you've been here for years, use the form below to let us know if there is anything we can do to make our city better.